Killing Me Slowly

A leopardess who learned how to dance. And read.
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies - Seth Grahame-Smith So I've been on a reading kick lately, and I fiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnallly finished Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, after having it for...two and a half months? I don't know why it took so long to finish it. The concept just rocked my socks, since P&P is my favorite book, and I love zombies. I guess because it was just P&P with new zombie-bits added in, it took off the urgency to finish.

Anyway, despite the promising premise, I gotta admit, I was kind of disappointed. I expected something pretty different. At first, I thought it would be a re-telling of P&P with zombies, not an "expanded edition", as the summary on the back calls it. But even after realizing that, I was still excited to get into it. And it's not like it was a total loss, or a total failure. I mean, it's impossible for me to hate Pride and Prejudice itself. Even in such an altered, silly form, it's an enjoyable read. I just didn't really feel like the newly-added zombie-bits actually added that much.

Sure, they changed situations and circumstances, and added a few silly fight scenes, but ultimately it didn't much alter the story that they told, and I was looking for something more different. A different ending, or a different perspective on a story I love. But crossing out a few words, changing them here and there, adding a few paragraphs every now and then, and inserting a few cheap ball jokes? A bit of a let down ^^; Even the few significant things they did change were less amusing than they should have been...

Read more at You're Killing.Us.

Even White Trash Zombies Get the Blues